According to the Philippine Nursing Act of 1991, also known as the Republic Act No 7164, it is a requirement for all applicants for a license to pass a written examination conducted by the Board of Nursing of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
Per this law, the Nurses Licensure Examination (NLE) is conducted twice a year by the PRC through the Professional Regulatory Board of Nursing. The PRC has recently announced the schedule of PRC Licensure examinations for 2021, including the opening of online processing of applications and the deadline for filing applications.
The PRC has recently announced the schedule of PRC Licensure examinations for 2022, including the opening of online processing of applications and the deadline for filing applications.
- Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Qualifications
- Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Requirements
- Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Online Application
- Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Coverage
- Nursing Licensure Exam (NLE) Passing Rate
- Nursing Licensure Examination Schedule in 2022
Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Qualifications
Before you consider filing your application for the licensure examination, it’s best to identify if you’re qualified to take the board exam. Check the full qualifications below: He or she must be a citizen of the Philippines;
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the issuance of a certificate of registration;
- Must be in good health and is of good moral character; an
- He or she holds a bachelor’s ′s degree in nursing from a college or university duly recognized by the proper government agency.
Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Requirements
For those who are taking the Nurse Licensure Examination (NLE) for the first time, they are required to submit the following documentary requirements at the nearest PRC satellite office during their scheduled appointment dates:
- Original and photocopy of PSA issued Birth certificate
- Original and photocopy of PSA marriage contract for married female applicants
- Original copy of Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks stating: “For Board Examination Purposes.”
- Duly-notarized copies of the summary of Related Learning Experience (RLE) and OR & DR cases
- Minor Scrubs – 3
- Delivery Room Handled – 3
- Assisted – 3
- Cord Dressing – 3
- If under CMO 30 – Certificate of Undertaking
- Notarized Certificate of Undertaking (CMO #14 Series of 2009 )
- Payment fee of Php 900.00
Repeaters or Retakers
For Nurse Licensure Examination repeaters or retakers, you must provide the same documentary requirements mentioned above except for the copies of the summary of Related Learning Experience (RLE) and OR & DR cases. The exam application fees are as follows:
- Php 900.00 – complete
- Php 450.00 – conditioned / removal
Aspiring applicants that graduated with a nursing degree years back and want to take the Nursing Licensure Board Exam this year are encouraged to take refresher courses to improve the applicant’s fundamental knowledge and skills for the nursing board exam.
Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Online Application
Filing an application online to take the licensure exam has been made convenient by PRC’s Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS). The PRC requires applicants to secure an appointment date before they proceed to any PRC office to file their application.
Nursing Licensure Examination (NLE) Coverage
The Nurses Licensure Examination (NLE) consists of five subjects:
- Nursing Practice I – Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Practice II – Care of Healthy/At Risk Mother and Child
- Nursing Practice III – Care of Clients with Physiologic and Psychosocial Alterations (Part A)
- Nursing Practice IV – Care of Clients with Physiologic and Psychosocial Alterations (Part B)
- Nursing Practice V – Care of Clients with Physiologic and Psychosocial Alterations (Part C)
The examination covers basic skills, knowledge, and attitude in the major subject areas: maternal and child nursing, fundamentals of nursing including professional adjustments, community health and communicable disease nursing, nursing of adolescents, adults and aged, psychiatric nursing, and mental health.
Nursing Licensure Exam (NLE) Passing Rate
For an examinee to become a registered nurse in the Philippines, they first must obtain a general average rating of at least 75%, with a rating of not below 60% in any of the five subjects.
However, suppose the examinee receives a passing score or higher in the general average rating but gets a rating below 60% in any of the five subjects. In that case, the examinee must take the examination again, but only in the subject/s where the examinee rated below 60%.
Nursing Licensure Examination Schedule in 2022
According to the Professional Regulation Commission, the Nursing Licensure Board Exams are administered at least twice a year (May and November)
Please be advised that the board examination date is on May 29 & 30, 2022 on the first batch. The opening of online processing starts on March 1, 2022, and ends on April 29, 2022 for places in NCR, Baguio, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Koronadal, Legaspi, Lucena, Pagadian, Pampanga, Rosales, Tacloban, Tuguegarao, and Zamboanga.
The second batch of the Nursing Licensure Examination is on November 12 & 13, 2022. Online processing opens on August 12, 2022, and ends on October 12, 2022. This schedule contains all licensure examination dates. This document explains when and how applicants will take the Nursing Licensure Board Exam. Please consult the test schedule published by PRC.