If you want to learn more about what it takes to pass the Landscape Architect Licensure Board Exam to get your license, you’ve reached the right place.
We’ll go over all you need to know about the board exam in this article, from the requirements to the schedule. That said, if you’re curious and want to read more, keep reading.
- What is a Landscape Architect?
- What is the Landscape Architect Licensure Examination?
- Requirements for the Landscape Architect Board Examinations
- Landscape Architect Licensure Exam Application Process
- Landscape Architect Board Exam Coverage
- Landscape Architect Licensure Exam Schedule in 2021
What is a Landscape Architect?
Parks, campuses, gardens, cemeteries, shopping centers, beaches, transit services, and waterfront projects are all developed and designed by licensed landscape architects. They also design and manage the regeneration of human-damaged natural resources such as wetlands, stream corridors, mining areas, and forested land.
Landscape architects with a background of and appreciation for historic environments and cultural heritage will collaborate on restoration planning programs for national, state, and local historic outdoor sites and areas. Landscape architects can work in the commercial, public, and academic sectors.
What is the Landscape Architect Licensure Examination?
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) is the official government body, with the exception of the Philippine bar examination, of all licensure examinations in the country. It is in charge of performing the Landscape Architect Licensure Tests on a daily basis.
In order to take the Landscape Architect Licensure Exams, applicants must satisfy the registration criteria outlined in the following section.
To protect the profession’s integrity, eligible applicants and soon-to-be practitioners must follow these clear application requirements before taking the licensing test.
Requirements for the Landscape Architect Board Examinations
All aspiring professional Landscape Architects must have Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture and must present the following requirements as follows:
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Application fee of Php 900
- Master in Landscape Architecture, Ph.D. in Landscape Architecture are allowed to take the licensure examination.
- After three (3) failures REST one (1) year – for validation – with ARD – FTB
- A citizen of the Philippines or a citizen of a foreign country/state with which the Philippines has reciprocity for the practice of landscape architecture
- Conditioned/Removal examination to be taken within two (2) years from the date of examination
Landscape Architect Licensure Exam Application Process
The PRC LERIS web portal offers a simple automated procedure for each initial license examination application, making it very easy for any individual to schedule an appointment. The PRC strongly advises all graduates to double-check their online applications before applying their documentary standards to either provincial or PRC satellite offices.
If you are unable to register due to a technical mistake, our step-by-step approach will help you through the process; however, if you are acquainted with the procedure, go to the PRC LERIS website for instant registration.
Landscape Architect Board Exam Coverage
The following topics are covered in the Board Examination for Landscape Architects, as specified by the Board. We’ll go over what you need to know before taking these exams:
Landscape Architectural Design and Planning
Ecology and Nature Conservation
Landscaping Technology and Materials
Planting Design and Interior Plantscaping
Professional Practice and Ethics
History of Landscape Architecture and Theory of Design
Landscape Architect Licensure Exam Schedule in 2021
The Landscape Architect Licensure Board Exams are normally held at least once a year, according to the Professional Regulation Commission.
This schedule includes the dates for all licensure examinations. This guide describes when and how candidates for the Landscape Architect Licensure Exam will take the exam. Please be reminded that the deadline for filing applications for the Landscape Architect Board Exam will be on June 7, 2021.
Because of the seriousness of the pandemic, whether you have some reservations or concerns regarding taking the licensure test, you can also check the official Commission website on a regular basis for the most current news and advice.