We’ve got you covered if you want to hear more about what it takes to pass the Master Electrician Licensure Board Exam to get your license.
In this post, we’ll go through the entirety of what you need to know about the board exam, from the schedule to the qualifications. That being said, if you’re curious and want to read everything, continue scrolling.
- What is a Master Electrician?
- What is the Master Electrician Licensure Board Examination?
- Licensure Requirements for the Master Electrician Board Examinations
- Master Electrician Licensure Exam Online Application Process
- Master Electrician Board Exam Coverage
- Master Electrician Board Exam Schedule
What is a Master Electrician?
A master electrician is a qualified professional who supervises other electricians, runs his or her own company, or serves as a licensed contractor. An electrician’s work description includes wiring, repairing breakers, constructing electrical plans for a new building, fitting lighting fixtures, and maintaining electrical equipment. An electrician’s work also includes interpreting blueprints and diagrams.
Advanced work also involves using tools for project management, adhering to and applying Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules, and operating forklifts and other heavy devices. Since master electricians also command teams of other electricians, leadership, and management skills are essential.
What is the Master Electrician Licensure Board Examination?
The PRC, with the exception of the Philippine Bar Exam which the Supreme Court conducts, is the state official body responsible for all licensing exams in the state. As a result, the PRC is in charge of administering the Master Electrician Licensure examinations on a regular basis.
Applicants are required to meet the registration requirements specified in the following sections in order to take the master electricians’ licensure exams.
To safeguard the reputation of the profession, eligible candidates and aspiring professionals who will take the license examination must comply with these strict application registration conditions.
Licensure Requirements for the Master Electrician Board Examinations
All aspiring Master Electricians who are BSEE graduates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Application fee of Php 900
- NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
- NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- P600 – Application fee
- Re-examination of failed subjects is allowed any number of times
For non BSEE graduates, they must present the following documents:
- TOR or HS Diploma
- Certificate of Employment
- Notarized certificate of experience signed by an REE or RME whose registration is prior to the date of employment
- Certificate of Employment or service record
- Completed three (3) years BSEE or three (3) year course in Electrical Engineering Technology – Certificate of one (1) year practice
- Two (2) year vocational electrician’s course – two (2) years apprenticeship
- One (1) year vocational electrician’s course – three (3) years apprenticeship
- High school graduates – five (5) years apprenticeship
Master Electrician Licensure Exam Online Application Process
The Professional Regulation Commission’s online LERIS portal provides a simple automatic system for any registration initial scheduling, making it highly convenient for any applicant to schedule an appointment. The PRC strongly recommends that all applicants make their desired schedules electronically before sending documentary requirements to a regional or PRC satellite office located near them.
If you cannot register on the grounds of technological challenges, our step-by-step approach will be able to help you in this regard; but you can go to the PRC LERIS website for fast registration if you are familiar with the process already.
Master Electrician Board Exam Coverage
The Master Electrician Licensure Examination consists of two main topics. We’ll go over them one by one:
Technical Subject (50%)
- Ohm’s Law: Calculations for Resistance, Current, Voltage, and Power for DC and AC.
- Electrical Machines: Description and Operating principles of Motors, Generators, and Transformers. Control Equipment Description and Functions of Fuses. Overload Relays, Safety Switches, Magnetic Switches, Circuits Breakers, Star-Delta Motor Starters, Transformer Type Motor Starters, D. C. Motor Starters
- Maintenance and Repair: Description of the Procedures in the Maintenance of Electrical Machinery
- Test Equipment
- Types and Uses of Measuring Instruments
- Electrical Engineering Law Provisions Pertaining to Registered Master Electricians
Philippine Electrical Code. Parts 1 and 2 (50%)
- General Requirements for Installation of Electric Wiring and Equipment
- Approved Wiring Methods
- Types of Wiring Materials and Wiring Devices
- Installation of Switchboard and Panelboards
- Wiring Diagrams of Different Types of Motor Starters with Motor Protection
- Drawing Symbols and Wiring Plans
Master Electrician Board Exam Schedule
According to the Professional Regulation Commission, the Master Electrician Licensing Board exams are usually held at least once a year.
This timeline provides deadlines for all license exams outlining how and when applicants can apply for the Master Electrician Examination. Please be reminded that the deadline for filing applications for the Master Electrician Board Exam will be on August 6, 2021.
In view of the gravity of the pandemic, you can also visit the official Commission website on a daily basis for more current news and recommendations if you have any problems or questions concerning taking the license exam.