We’ve got you covered if you want to hear more about what it takes to pass the Master Electrician Licensure Board Exam to get your license.
In this post, we’ll go through what you need to know about the board exam, from the schedule to the qualifications. That being said, if you’re curious and want to read everything, continue scrolling.
- What is a Master Electrician?
- What is the Master Electrician Licensure Board Examination?
- Licensure Requirements for the Master Electrician Board Examinations
- Master Electrician Licensure Exam Online Application Process
- Master Electrician Board Exam Coverage
- Master Electrician Board Exam Schedule
What is a Master Electrician?
A master electrician is a qualified professional who supervises other electricians, runs their own company, or serves as a licensed contractor.
An electrician’s work description includes wiring, repairing breakers, constructing electrical plans for a new building, fitting lighting fixtures, and maintaining electrical equipment. An electrician’s work also includes interpreting blueprints and diagrams.
Advanced work also involves using tools for project management, adhering to and applying Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules, and operating forklifts and other heavy devices. Since master electricians also command teams of other electricians, leadership and management skills are essential.
What is the Master Electrician Licensure Board Examination?
The PRC, except for the Philippine Bar Exam, which the Supreme Court conducts, is the state official body responsible for all licensing exams in the state. As a result, the PRC is in charge of administering the Master Electrician Licensure examinations regularly.
Applicants must meet the registration requirements specified in the following sections to take the master electricians’ licensure exams.
To safeguard the profession’s reputation, eligible candidates and aspiring professionals who will take the licensed examination must comply with these strict application registration conditions.
Licensure Requirements for the Master Electrician Board Examinations
The aspiring Master Electricians who are BSEE graduates must satisfy the following requirements:
- NSO / PSA Birth Registration
- NSO/PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with Scanned Image and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Payment: PHP 600.00 – complete
- Re-examination of failed subjects is allowed any number of times.
For non BSEE graduates, they must present the following documents:
- Completed a three(3) -year Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or a three-year study in Electrical Engineering Technology- Certificate of one-year practice
- A two-year vocational electrician’s program followed by a two-year apprenticeship.
- One (1) year of vocational electrical training followed by three (3) years of apprenticeship
- Graduate of high school – five (5) years of apprenticeship
- TOR or High School Diploma
- Certificate of Employment
- A notarized certificate of experience signed by an REE or RME whose registration occurred before the hire date.
- Employment Certificate or Service Record
Master Electrician Licensure Exam Online Application Process
The Professional Regulation Commission’s online LERIS portal provides a simple automatic system for any initial registration scheduling, making it highly convenient for any applicant to schedule an appointment.
The PRC strongly recommends that all applicants make their desired schedules electronically before sending documentary requirements to a regional or PRC satellite office near them.
If you cannot register on the grounds of technical difficulties, our step-by-step approach will be able to help you in this regard. But you can go to the PRC LERIS website for fast registration if you are familiar with the process already.
Master Electrician Board Exam Coverage
The Master Electrician Licensure Examination consists of two main topics. We’ll go over them one by one:
Technical Subject (50%)
- Ohm’s Law: Resistance, current, voltage, and power calculations for direct and alternating current circuits.
- Electrical machines: Explanation and working principles of motors, generators, and transformers
- Control equipment: Description and operation of fuses, overloading relays, circuit breakers, magnetic switches, safety switches, transformer-type motor starters, star-delta motor starters, and DC motors.
- Electrical components: A definition of resistors, capacitors, inductors, and semiconductors
- Repair and maintenance: An explanation of the steps involved in maintaining electrical equipment.
- Types and purposes of test equipment: Provisions of the electrical engineering legislation relating to certified master electricians.
- Other relevant topics that the Board may prescribe.
Philippine Electrical Code. Parts 1 and 2 (50%)
- General installation standards for electrical wiring and equipment.
- Approved wiring techniques
- Types of materials and technologies used for wiring.
- Installation of panel boards and switchboards.
- Installation in dangerous environments.
- Different kinds of motor starting wiring schematics with motor protection.
- Symbols and wiring plants.
- Other related subjects may be prescribed by the Board.
The number of examination questions must be such that they may be completed in one (1) eight-hour day.
The relative weights for technical subjects and the Philippine Electrical Code must equal fifty percent (50%) each.
The passing mark for the overall average is seventy percent (70%), with no subject grade below fifty percent (50%).
Master Electrician Board Exam Schedule
The Professional Regulation Commission states that the Master Electrician Board Exam Schedule usually is administered twice a year.
They are conducted twice a year, in April and September, giving you two opportunities to take the test in a year.
The examination for aspiring Landscape Architects is scheduled for April 28, 2022. Online processing will begin on January 28, 2022. The application submission date is March 28, 2022.
The September batch is scheduled for September 5, 2022 (Monday). The application deadline for the Master Electrician Board Exam is June 3, 2022. The deadline is August 5, 2022.
This schedule lists all dates for licensure examinations. This document describes when and how candidates must take the Master Electrician Licensure Board Exam. Please refer to the stated PRC exam schedule.