Are you the kind of individual who is intrigued and with an extraordinary enthusiasm for investigating and fixing different equipment of electronics and contraptions? Then being an Electronics Technician (ECT) might be your calling.
In this article, we will detail everything you need to know about the Electronics Technician Board Exam (ECT) – from application requirements, down to the electronics engineering board exam coverage.
- What is an Electronics Technician?
- What is the Philippine Electronics Technician Board Exam (ECT)?
- Electronics Technician ECT Board Exam Requirements
- Electronics Technician Board Exam (ECT) Application Procedure
- Electronics Technician ECT Exam Coverage
- ECT Board Exam Schedule 2021
What is an Electronics Technician?
Electronics technician fixes, investigate, plans, creates, tests, makes, and introduces electronic equipment like communication equipment, clinical checking gadgets, navigational equipment, and different PCs. Electronics technicians can be the onsite delegates for manufacturers to install, operate, work, and keep up modern equipment.
What is the Philippine Electronics Technician Board Exam (ECT)?
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) is the commission in the country which is responsible for conducting the Electronics Technician (ECT) board exam. The ECT board exam is the official licensure examination for all aspiring professional electronics technicians in the country.
Those who aspire to work in the profession, other than passing the board eczema, must be a graduate of a minimum two-year Associate Technician, Trade of Vocational course in Electronics, or has completed at least their 3rd year of college in BS ECE, or even a graduate of BS Computer Engineering. They must also have taken the “ECE Laws and Ethics” subject during college.
Those qualification prerequisites for taking the Licensure Exam are important to guarantee the nature of the labor force created. These are not hindrances to your calling. All things being equal, they plan and equip you with fundamental abilities and information to further increase your expertise.
Electronics Technician ECT Board Exam Requirements
Candidates for the licensure examination should present the accompanying documentary ECT board exam requirements mentioned below to their favored PRC Regional Office on their booked application arrangement:
1. NSO/PSA Birth Certificate
- You can obtain this from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA);
2. Transcript of Records
- Needs to have a scanned picture with the remarks: “For Board Examination Purposes”
- You can obtain this from your college/university registrar.
3. Marriage Certificate
- For female candidates who are married
- You can obtain this from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
4. NBI Clearance
- You can obtain this from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
5. Payment fee of Php 900
6. Good Moral Character (Two Certificates) from any 2 of the institutions mentioned below:
It is important to prepare for all the PRC application requirements ahead of schedule to keep away from all inconveniences brought by gathering all application papers at the last minute.
Electronics Technician Board Exam (ECT) Application Procedure
The online license examination application has been made simple by the PRC License Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS). Before applying documentary criteria to the PRC office, the PRC requires applicants to ensure their desired appointment date through the PRC LERIS online portal.
Our online application step-by-step reference will assist you in scheduling your desired date of appointment if you’re still unfamiliar with the application procedure – or if you are already familiar, just go straight to the online portal of the PRC LERIS to start.
Electronics Technician ECT Exam Coverage
Listed below are the subject topics that are part of the ECT Exam coverage:
1. Basic Mathematics
- Simple calculation and application of Arithmetic, Algebra, and Geometry
2. Ohm’s Law
- Calculations for Resistance, Voltage, Current, and Power for AC and DC Circuits
3. Electronic/Electrical Machine or Equipment
- Description and operating principles for Generators, Motors, transformers, consumer Electronics appliances, Communications and Electronics Equipment, etc.
4. Electronic/Electrical Component
- Identification, Uses, functions of trimmers, resistors, rheostat, heaters, thermistor, varistor, capacitors, varicap, inductor, Sensors, Integrated Circuits, diodes, fuses, relays, reed switch, transistors, thermostat, circuit breaker, limit switch, switches, etc.
5. Maintenance and Repair
- Description of the procedures in the Maintenance of Electrical/Electronic Machinery or equipment.
6. Philippine Electrical Code
7. Republic Act No. 9292 – Electronics Engineering Law of 2004
ECT Board Exam Schedule 2021
The ECT exam by the Board is normally carried out twice a year according to the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). The second ECT board exam will be held on October 25, 2021 (Monday). The opening of applications will begin on July 23, 2021, while the deadline for submission of applications will be on September 23, 2021. You can also check the full schedule right here to be guided.
For any concerns about the licensure exam, especially with the pandemic impact, you can always check the Professional Regulation’s official website to get the latest information and updates. This is also where you can find their contact details for any specific questions you want to ask.