Professionals in the Philippines are required to renew their Professional Identification Card (PIC) for them to keep practicing their profession in the country. Across all professions, the PRC license must be renewed every three years on the birth month of the professional.
Back in the day, filing for license renewal in the Philippines will take a lot of time as the manual procedure is the only available process to renew your license. Thankfully, in this technological age, all transactions done with the Professional Regulation Commission can now happen online through the Commission’s Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS). This PRC online renewal portal can now assist applicants and professionals alike with filing a PRC online renewal registration to take the board exam or renew their licenses.
This can be super easy for the younger generation as they are more tech-savvy. However, for older professionals, this may be way more complicated as some are not proficient with using computers and transacting online.
That’s why we created this guide to assist all professionals in setting an appointment to renew their PRC Professional Identification Card. If this is something you need to learn about, then read ahead.
PRC online renewal license requirements
The Professional Regulation Commission has been requiring all professionals in the Philippines since 2016 to present their earned CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points upon renewal of their license; this is supported by original and photocopies of their certificates with the credit units earned in the last three years. This is in compliance with the Continuing Professional Development Act of 2016.
However, you can still renew your license even if you have not met the required number of CPD points by executing an Affidavit of Undertaking.
A detailed guide for online renewal of PRC license
As mentioned earlier, this guide will explain the detailed step-by-step process in setting an appointment to renew your PRC license for all professionals in the Philippines with the use of the PRC LERIS online portal. Before starting, make sure that you do this whole procedure using a computer with a stable internet connection and not with a smartphone.
1. Prepare the necessary information first before setting an appointment online:
- Access to your valid email address. Make sure that this email address was not created with online generators;
- Personal information such as Name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, etc. including the date of your college graduation;
- Scanned 2×2 ID photo of yourself. Make sure that this photo was taken no more than 6 months prior to the online application. The photo must be taken with a white background and that your attire is with a collar; ears must be visible. Accessories such as eyeglasses are not allowed.
2. Once you have prepared all the documents that you need for your online renewal of PRC license, using your computer, access the online portal at http://online.prc.gov.ph.
3. If this is your first time using the PRC LERIS online portal, then register first by creating an account. You may proceed to step number 4 if you already have an account.
4. Go to the Register tab of the page, read through the Terms of Service laid out, and click the Agree button once finished to proceed.
5. Fill out all the necessary information using the valid email address that you have access to.
6. After you have filled it in, click the Register button to officially create your account. You will receive a notification indicating that you have successfully created your account on the portal.
7. Now proceed with activating your account by logging into your email account which you have used to register your account. Open the email that was sent to you by PRC and click Activate Account to verify your account.
8. Enter your log-in details on the Sign-In tab. Once you are redirected to your account, complete your profile by adding all the required personal information, also including important details from your valid ID.
Once you are satisfied with all the information, you can now click the “Save Information” button at the bottom. Afterward, a confirmation pop-up will appear to confirm your details
Take note that the First and Last names should be identical to the ones indicated on your PRC ID for renewal. Afterward, click the Check If This Is For Renewal box then click the Save Information button to save all the details.
9. A pop-up box will appear on your screen for confirmation of all the information you filled in. Double-check if all the typed-in is correct before proceeding to click the Yes button.
10. Upload the photo that was mentioned earlier. If your photo does not meet the basic requirements stated, such as the white background and collared attire, it will be rejected and could cause further delays in your PRC online renewal application. Make sure that your photo meets all the requirements first before starting the PRC online renewal registration to avoid problems.
11. Click the “Select Transaction” button to schedule an appointment. Now, select the Renewal tab and enter the 7-digit number displayed on your PRC license. After so, click the “Proceed” button to be redirected to the next window.
12. In this step, choose your nearest/preferred PRC office where you plan to claim your PRC ID and select your preferred time and date, and payment option. Take note that same-day transactions are not available.
If you choose the PRC cashier as your payment option, pay the necessary amount on the date of your appointment. Just be sure to provide proof that you have an appointment scheduled on the portal.
If you choose Landbank as your payment option, under that you can choose between a Landbank account, Bancnet, or GCash. For over-the-counter payments through banks, please be advised that the payment validation may take up to 2 to 3 working days. For faster transactions, you can choose GCash instead.
Paymaya transactions can be done through Mastercard, VISA, JCB (Debit/Credit Cards), and a personal Paymaya account.
Once your payment has been validated, you can now proceed to print your application form/claim stub.
Additionally, the PRC has now moved the processing of Renewal of Professional ID at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC), Pasay City. If you are located in Manila, Philippines, choose the PICC instead for your appointment place.
13. Click the Existing Transactions tab on the screen to verify the status of your application. After so, tick the Print Claiming Stub option.
14. Sign out of your account especially if you’re using public computers to ensure that no one will accidentally have access to your LERIS PRC account.
How to claim your PRC License
Before going to your preferred PRC office for your renewal appointment, make sure to prepare the following documents first:
- The original and a photocopy of the expiring PRC ID
- Original and one (1) photocopy of certificates indicating the CPD units you have acquired in the last three years.
- A printed copy of the Application for Professional Identification Card
Go to the validation counter once you have arrived at the PRC Office and have all your certificates verified for CPD points. Afterward, go to the ID Renewal personnel to submit all the necessary documents.
All you have to do is wait for your name to be called. Don’t fret, it won’t take more than a day to claim your license. The waiting time will depend on the branch in the Philippines. It can take an hour or more than, so it really depends.