Are you qualified to take the Civil Service Exams? Have you already compiled and submitted your application requirements for the appropriate standard of examination, whether professional or sub-professional?
You’re all set and eligible to take the exams after you have completed all of the requirements and paid the required fees. We’re hoping you’ve already studied for the exam as well. However, before you can go to the testing venue, Civil Service Exam takers must complete one more task: generate your room assignment for your examination.
Applicants had to visit the closest Civil Service Commission (CSC) office to search the room number and testing center several years back. However, the procedure has been streamlined this time. You no longer need to go to the CSC office or wait for your notification to come because you can do so online.
Online School and Room Assignment (ONSA) for Civil Service Exams
The Online School and Room Assignment (ONSA) page on the Civil Service Commission’s official website will indicate all of the school assignments and where you can find your assigned room for the exams.
We’ve listed a detailed procedure below on how you can find your room and school assignments through the ONSA:
- Go to the Civil Service Commission’s official website and click the ONSA option on the right side of the screen.
- If you have arrived at the page and the link appears to be offline, then it only means that there are no upcoming schedules available yet. You can keep revisiting the site from time to time to check if the latest schedules have been posted. Take note that the link for the soonest scheduled exam will be available at least 2 weeks before the exam.
- Read the directions carefully before filling out the form with your information.
- When you get to the section where you have to put your middle initial, type it in online. Make sure there are no periods in this section.
- Fill out space with your birthday in the format MM/DD/YYYY.
- Review the form to ensure that the details you submitted are right, including the exam you have to take.
- To create your room assignment, press the button.
- Print the ONSA and carry it with you to your examination day.
- If there are any concerns with the creation of your ONSA, make sure to check your room assignment and schedule at a CSC Regional/Field Office near you at least one week before the Civil Service examination day.