The Civil Service Commission (CSC), the governing body in the government responsible for civil services in the country, released Memorandum Circular No. 02 back on January 31, 2018, which provides a unified list of all the accepted identification cards in regards to transactions with the Civil Service Commission in all CSC Regional Offices.
These transactions with the Civil Service Commission (CSC) include an application for the civil service examinations, grant of eligibility (under special laws), and CSC issuances, as well as certification or authentication of a certificate of eligibility.
The list of valid identification cards are indicated as follows:
- Driver’s License/Temporary Driver’s License (LTO O.R. must be presented together with old Driver’s License; O.R. alone is not allowed)/Student Driver’s Permit;
- PRC License;
- SSS I.D.;
- GSIS I.D. (UMID);
- Voter’s I.D./Voter’s Certification;
- BIR/Taxpayer’s I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
- PhilHealth I.D. (must have the bearer’s name, clear picture, signature, and PhilHealth number);
- Company/Office I.D.;
- School I.D.;
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate;
- Postal I.D.;
- Barangay I.D.;
- NBI Clearance;
- Seaman’s Book;
- CSC Eligibility Card (note: Implemented only beginning with the May 3, 2015 CSE-PPT)
- PWD I.D.;
- Solo Parent I.D.;
- Senior Citizen’s I.D.;
- Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-CARD); and
- HDMF Transaction I.D.;
Identification cards that were not mentioned above will not be accepted in any kind of transactions with the Civil Service Commission. Moreover, upon presentation or submission, make sure to bring at least one ID on transactions such as career service examinations, certification or authentication of eligibility, and grant of special eligibility. Make sure that the identification card presented is valid (has not yet expired) on the date of the transaction.
Expired IDs can be accepted, however, for civil service examinations, certification or authentication of eligibility, and grant of special eligibility. Just make sure that the expired identification card is only accepted until the year the identification card has expired. For example, your ID has expired in January of 2021, you can still use that card ‘til the year ends. Don’t rely on an expired identification card though. Make sure you have a valid one with you to avoid any delays and complications.
Please be guided accordingly. For any concerns, you can always contact the CSC through their contact information on their official website.